Auteur Sujet: Logos  (Lu 10685 fois)

ViviOrnitier

• Invité
Logos
« le: 19 mai 2007 à 02:05:14 »
Pardon me for not using the usual language, but this is the only way of giving suggestions it seems.
The presence of logos on the are of Kawaii Art Zone totally ruins it. I come here to see official art without any changes to it, and the logos are irritating. Could they be reposted without the logos perhaps? Please?

My french is through a translator.
La présence des logos sur sont de zone d'art de Kawaii la ruine totalement. Je viens ici pour ne voir l'art officiel sans aucun changement à lui, et les logos sont irritants. Ont-ils pu être reposted sans logos peut-être ? Svp?
« Modifié: 19 mai 2007 à 02:09:45 par ViviOrnitier »

leomon32

• Kohai
  • Vamos con El Tigre !
Re : Logos
« Réponse #1 le: 19 mai 2007 à 22:22:20 »
This logo has been placed to avoid picture stealing, jlcryu has put a lot of work posting and managing those pictures. A lot of forums and other sites simply steal is work, so he decided to put this logo.
He will not repost those pictures.

Ratone

• Gakusei
« Réponse #2 le: 26 mai 2007 à 19:07:31 »
Sorry for not being able to speak in french, i'm Brazilian. I will try to use english.

There is nothing wrong with putting logos to protect images, its a common thing on the web. But the fact is, the logo should be PLEASING to the eyes, and not interfere with pictures.
Seriously, this is ridiculous: http://www.kawaiidream.net/data/media/561/Ennemi-6.jpg

This logo is:
Horrible, we can see it came from a 256 color gif.
The font isnt aliased.
It isnt transparent, it is too big.
It intereferes and DESTROYS the image.

I'm a game art collector, i always loved browsing thru kawaii dream, but seriously, nobody appreciates such an ugly logo. With not put something half-transparent, and more pleasing to the eye? Being stolen is horrible, i know, but worse is having all the trouble to post pictures, and nobody appreciating because of the horrible logo.

FORUM WEBOTAKU

« Réponse #2 le: 26 mai 2007 à 19:07:31 »

leomon32

• Kohai
  • Vamos con El Tigre !
« Réponse #3 le: 28 mai 2007 à 21:29:33 »
I already suggest to put a semi transparent one, but the logo will remain the same ! You're not the first one to complain about it, and you'll be not the last one !  :(

I suggest to do like me, looking somewhere else, kawai art zone stampeled images are images suposed to be never posted elsewhere, but now, it seems that a new picture come with a logo, already posted or not ! Good luck in your invetigation, that the only advice i can give to ya !
« Modifié: 28 mai 2007 à 21:32:24 par leomon32 »

ViviOrnitier

• Invité
« Réponse #4 le: 15 décembre 2007 à 04:02:33 »
Is there any way to get the art without the logos. I mena it'd be fine if they weren't actually on the character being portrayed, but on the image still, in the white space. I've been searching for a picture of Wizeman for ages and now that this place has one it's ruined by that accursed logo! Simply put I really hate logos. What's the point of having an official image if one is just going to ruin it with a logo?

Suzaku

• Gakusei
Re : Re : Logos
« Réponse #5 le: 17 décembre 2007 à 06:26:33 »
I already suggest to put a semi transparent one, but the logo will remain the same ! You're not the first one to complain about it, and you'll be not the last one !  :(

I suggest to do like me, looking somewhere else, kawai art zone stampeled images are images suposed to be never posted elsewhere, but now, it seems that a new picture come with a logo, already posted or not ! Good luck in your invetigation, that the only advice i can give to ya !
Yes, look elsewhere, most of these images are available through press kits, press CDs, or virtual press rooms. They are difficult to find because they are intended soley for games journalists and other industry folks.

The person who uploads them to Kawaii Art Zone has access to them and leaks them to the public on this website, probably because he wants recognition and credit, since that is the only reason he would be angry about people using his leaks without credit. I don't know where he gets the press materials, but since he gets such a large variety, he probably either works as a journalist for a magazine or works for a press relations firm or some such. It is funny, because what he is doing may actually be illegal, if he is violating an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) to do it, and I imagine he probably is.

I would understand if it was actually his own artwork, but he doesn't own any of it, and is just taking other people's work and uploading it to the internet to show off. It is very disappointing and also selfish to add these logos to other people's artwork, which not only defaces it, but makes it largely worthless to people who actually want to use it for things like wallpapers, web layouts, and what have you. Not only that, but he resizes the artwork anyway, and flattens them to single layers, when you can find them in higher resolution PSD files if you have access to the press kits, so they aren't even as high of quality as when he finds them.

He will probably never admit to where he gets them, either, because then he wouldn't be able to take credit, but for example, you can find these things through websites like http://www.gamespress.com, http://capcom.gamespress.com, or http://www.konami-data.com/pr/. All of these websites require registrationg and proof that you are a member of the gaming industry, so not just anyone can access their stuff.

antaresprime

• Gakusei
« Réponse #6 le: 28 décembre 2007 à 19:05:39 »
I was exasperated when I found this site and all of its images, but it was a massive disappointment to see logos on important parts of the image. It would be nice to see logos in white spaces.

FORUM WEBOTAKU

« Réponse #6 le: 28 décembre 2007 à 19:05:39 »